HELLO

Welcome to the blog of my Wild Flower Meadow for 2015.
A bit late starting this year due to nasty persistent virus that was so difficult to eradicate.
Sadly this may be the last year I may be keeping a blog for my meadow . The house and acre of land will be going on the market in the not too distant future . The new owners may put the land back to grazing or development who knows .
I sincerely hope not.
I hope it will be as loved and nurtured as It has been since I started it in 2006
In the mean time I will endeavour to keep the blog up to date with lots of pictures showing how the plants and wildlife play out in 2015 .I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I do producing it.
Please pop back from time to time to see the new additions and feel free to add any comments

Thursday 2 August 2012

Grasses

Barren Brome
Anisantha sterilis
2012m64a

Perennial Rye-grass
Lolium  perenne
2012 m176

Although I have not mentioned them so far this year. I think it is now the time to add the grasses. They do for the greater part of the plants that do grow in the meadow. I have not deliberately sown any grasses in the meadow .Any that have grown have germinated naturally from seeds already in the soil. I must admit these are only the ones I have been able to identify .I am sure there are more but I am not clever enough to identify them yet. These I have identified I have done with the help of ISPOT. 
Crested Dog's-tail
Cynosurus cristatus
2012 174
 I have added Yellow rattle to the meadow this year in a bid to try and stop the grasses out growing some of the more delicate wild flowers .I think it will take a few years before the results will be noticed
Cock's-foot
 Dactylis glomerata
2012 m172





Tall Fescue
 Festuca arundinacea
Rough Meadow-grass
 Poa trivialis
 2012 m177


Sweet Vernal-grass
Anthoxanthum  odoratum
2012 m175

Yorkshire Fog
or Creeping Soft -Grass
Holcus lanatusmollis

 2012  m179
Soft Rush
 Juncus effusus
2012 m180

Sheep's Fescue
Festuca ovina
2012 m171
Silver hair grass
caryophyllea
2012 m173

No comments:

Post a Comment